THE BEST DRESSED BURGER-MAN
What’s great style? For us it’s sometimes very obvious. Therefore we sat down a talked with our good friend and huge style inspiration, Mr. Ruben Bellman. For years we have been inspired by his way to dress up with a both classic and extremely modern twist.
To celebrate his great style, we asked Ruben some questions about his style, styled him in our collection and shot him in his natural surroundings, which you maybe wouldn’t have guessed if you look at his style. He is a works manager at Yo Burger.
All photos by Victor Jones.
Describe your style very shortly
“It’s classic with a personal twist. And sometimes it’s slightly atypical and breaks the conventions.”
Whats great style for you?
“For me, great style is when a person is true to himself. When he is not a slave to fashion, but can choose some items out and combine it with other stuff from the wardrobe. And then you have to dress after what looks good on you. That’s much better than trying to look like something or someone, that you are not”
How is it to dress like you do, when you work in the burger industry?
“It doesn’t affect the way I dress. I’m just a little more carefull when I work.
I think there are lots of prejudices according to the burger industry, and probably many stereotypical ideas about it.
Actually many think that I work in the fashion industry, and are surprised when they find out what I really do – but that just says a lot about their prejudices.”
Why we love the style of Ruben Bellman
1) Ruben has a great and enviable ability to master accessories without looking like a peacock.
2) Ruben is a master in seasonal fabrics. He changes his wardrobe two times a year, so it’s only items that suits the season that he choose from.
3) He can mix high-street with high end.
4) Wearing ties almost everyday
5) Once told us a story about how his teacher wrote a note in his contact book, that he was to well-dressed for school, when he was young.